Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sungold Tomato Keeps on Giving


Tomatoes for Hallowene

The fruit has reached the other side of the arch


I planted this tomato plant at the outside of the trellis in May. Throughout a very wet growing year & a searing couple of months this summer it sulked & I almost pulled it out with the rest of the laggards. Hardly any fruit & frazzled foliage. Sungold  has always been a good provider for me even though I have root knot nematode in this area. I have tried marigolds & asparagus here both of which are supposed to discourage said nematodes. Maybe they are starting to have an effect.
This arch of cattle panel is about 6 ft high in the center
Deer have trimmed the foliage that hangs outside the fence but they don't seem to taste the fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment