Sunday, June 9, 2013

Lavender on the Driveway

The Lavender (Lavendula x 'Provence')
 is just starting to bloom.
This is the only variety I have found to be successful in this humid climate.


It is my experience that the concrete
& gravel driveway and the slope away from it helps keep these plants healthy as well as cutting off the spent flowers and some judicious pruning to allow air and light to the inside of the plant.
These plants are several years old.
Last year I took out the first one I planted 9 years ago.
After the rain you can smell the fragrance of the lavender as you walk down the driveway.
One of my garden fantasies come true!

The polyantha rose 'The Fairy' is almost finished it's first bloom
between the lavender

r



Bees sleeping on lavender early on 
Sunday morning

No comments:

Post a Comment