Monday, July 28, 2014

Soft Edges

I am particularly fond of blurring the sides of paths and beds. Not much for straight edges although I love the well maintained park look when my husband edges the lawn, it looks so loved in a conventional way. The gravel driveway gives me plenty of room to indulge my want for the 'natural' look.


Above Scutellaria 'Texas Rose' makes several large cushions of flowers & foliage.
It loves this hot well drained site as does the grey succulent Orostachys iwarenge (close up at right)
with pink rain lily.

Below a very vigorous white flowered Rosemary, that I got from Plant Delights many years ago, is perfect by the front steps you hardly have to go outside for a sprig or two when cooking. At it's base the Santa Barbara Daisy (probably a more attractive name than Mexican fleabane), Erigeron karvinskianus took 3 tries to 'take' in my garden is shown with the Zephyranthes 'La Bufa Rosa' poking through. Both plants start somewhat pink and fade to white.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment