Thursday, September 25, 2014

Life Goes On, Really!

My friend Teresa reminded me that I haven't added to my blog in a month. Frankly I have felt somewhat depressed about the garden. It has been a hot, humid, rainy few weeks & I have not been able to garden much for various reasons. As usual for this time of the year the weeds seem out of control. However a new yoga program and some cool days have me feeling I am going to make it!
(All this 'woe is me' must be emanating from that Victorian novel I'm reading)
Here's a hot house cyclamen Teresa gave me. I almost killed it several times since the beginning of the year & then put it outside in the ground where it bloomed finally!

Just to prove life really does go on, I noticed the lettuce (Black Seeded Simpson) plant I let go to seed in the front veggie garden has self seeded. I have collected seed from it for the spring & got the original seed free from some publication. Hooray!







Lettuce take a long time to go to seed & not the most beautiful thing in the garden whilst they are doing it.
(Halloween decoration anyone?)
But I am always delighted to see self seeding.
What's less work that that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment