Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Digiplexsis

A hybrid of the purple foxglove (Digitalis purpurea ) of Europe & its hot blooded Canary Islands look alike ( Isoplexsis canariensis ) Digiplexsis is new in my garden.

I bought this at Big Bloomers in Sanford NC in the spring. Once things got going promptly forgot about it.

I have been clearing out some of the circle to revamp it for something less attractive to my deer friends. (Getting rid of daylilies  & roses replacing them with grasses & sages.)   I came across this lovely bloom.

 Luckily we have had plenty of rain and it fought it's way through the jungle in the circle.

It will be interesting to see if it survives next year.

In warmer areas they think it might be evergreen. This link tells more.




http://www.smgrowers.com/products/plants/plantdisplay.asp?plant_id=3889

No comments:

Post a Comment