Friday, February 26, 2016

Lady Banks Pulled Down the Trellis

Huge wind storm on Wednesday, even a tornado watch & the garden sustained some pretty significant damage. The Lady Banks Rose that had grown huge finished off the trellis that had become rotten.
I am cross that this happened before it bloomed but it was getting out of hand & I am sure the landscapers on the other side of the fence will not miss it's whips across the face as they mow by.
I took some cuttings as this is the white version so a bit more scarce than the normal "lutea' or yellow one.
The daffodils in the spring border underneath might better now.

Also the Parsley Hawthorne Crataegus marshallii was blown down & looks rotten at the base as if the area is too wet for it. It suckers but I had pruned it to a tree form. This plant has vicious thorns so a shrub version is not really welcome. We shall see what happens there. I will miss those flowers too just starting to swell.





No comments:

Post a Comment