Saturday, May 10, 2014

Southern Charm

May must be the most floriferous month here so many things are blooming. Roses all over the place & perennials are making their presence known. Verbascum 'Southern Charm' is a hybrid I grew from seed for a backyard nursery I had in another place & time. I brought it with me to this garden 11 years ago in pots.






 Some references say it is short lived but I think these have been in the circle all the time I have been here. I hope for self seeding but I don't see much evidence. Verbascums are deep rooted so quite drought tolerant but the hot afternoon sun wilts them & sometimes I have poked sticks in the ground to hold up the tall flower stems. This strain has a soft color pallet that will blend with many color schemes.

No comments:

Post a Comment